When you are on a diet and counting your calorie intake, Vietnamese food in Singapore is the best choice. There is a wide variety to choose from and a lot of options that you can take. Going on a Vietnam diet is effective in losing weight as long as you know what to do and what not to do. It is easy to go on a Vietnam diet since there are a lot of restaurants that serves Vietnamese dishes and they even offer a delivery service. Vietnamese dishes are easy to prepare if you are planning to cook them on your own. Here are some tips on how you can maintain a low calorie diet by eating healthy Vietnamese foods:
Know What Vietnamese Dishes Are Low In Calories
Not all Vietnamese dishes are low in calories. If you are counting your calorie intake, it is important that you know what Vietnamese foods contain low calorie.
The dishes that are low in calories are:
- La Pho or Canh Hua Soup
- Vegetable skewers which can be a good substitute for grilled spare ribs
- Roasted lean meat or fish
- Spring rolls, summer rolls or Vietnamese salad
- Simmered or steamed dishes
- Vietnamese Bouillabaisse
The dishes that have a higher calorie are:
- Dishes that contain peanut, but you can have the option for them not to add it on the dish
- Any pork and seafood with honey sauce or caramel sauce. Caramel sauce is high in sugar. Watch out for dishes that are mixed with Caramel sauce also known as nuoc duong thang.
- Fried dishes and deep fried spring rolls
- Spare ribs
Watch Out Of Your Food Portions:
- When eating noodle soup, look for something that has a lot of greens and herbs since they are good for you and they will make you full without doubling your food portion.
- If you are eating with your family, make sure that you are going to watch out for the food portion you are going to eat and select only the dishes that are low in calorie on the table.
- If you are going to eat in a restaurant, ask someone to eat half of your food or ask the waitress to separate the half for take-out even before your dish is brought to the table. You also can ask for a take-out container to put the half portion of your food so you will be able to remove it from your plate even before you eat.
Plan What To Order In A Vietnamese Restaurant Even Before Going There:
It would be an effective way not to be tempted by other high calorie dishes when you plan ahead what to order in the restaurant. It would be helpful if you are going to look into the restaurant website for dishes that they serve so you will be able to pick out low calorie dishes when you order. When you arrive at the restaurant, place your order without looking at their menu. You won’t be tempted to change your order if you will not look into their menu before placing your order.
Prepare Your Own Vietnamese Food At Home
If you think that you won’t be able to go out to eat at your favorite Vietnamese restaurant, it would be better to prepare your own Vietnamese dish since you will be able to control the ingredients. You can have the option to remove ingredients that will make your calorie intake higher.
Get A Vietnamese Food Delivery
To make sure that you are only going to eat foods that are low in calorie, have your Vietnamese food delivered in your office or at home. There are Vietnamese restaurants that have a lot of branches and do delivery services. It would be easy for you to buy your Vietnamese food in Singapore even though you are busy.
Most Vietnamese dishes are low in calorie; you just have to choose which are the right dishes for you. Train yourself to eat half portions instead of one whole portion. If you are tempted to eat foods that are high in calorie, then just eat a small portion or you can just taste a little to satisfy your craving.