Although it will probably not help to live at 120, a multivitamin can help you live better if your diet is less than stellar.
I have a multivitamin take every day as a little insurance,” said David Levitsky, professor of nutrition and psychology at Cornell University, and also a critic of the supplements industry scams.
While many experts do not agree with the value of multivitamins, it is important to analyze all the tests. “For some groups of healthy people, especially those whose diets have nutritional deficiencies, a multivitamin can help fill those gaps,” he said.
Take for people with medical conditions or prescription drugs, ask your doctor for personal consultation, diseases and medications may change the use of vitamins and minerals, in which more or less a vitamin is needed.
Benefits of multivitamins
- Support Healthy Aging: As you get older, your body has a harder time absorbing nutrients from the diet. At the same time, their nutritional needs increase.
- Improves short-term Memory: Based on a meta-analysis of 10 placebo-controlled trials taking a daily multivitamin can lead to improved short-term memory.
- Increase the Power Level: Several studies have shown that taking daily multivitamin and mineral supplementation is associated with increased energy levels.
- Detoxify your Body: The solid content of minerals, antioxidants and vitamins of the B complex in daily multivitamin helps high quality, eliminate toxins from the body, enzymatic reactions that make it easier for detoxification and maintain the liver and other organs in optimal conditions. Multivitamin for women is more effective.
- Restore the Smell: Ansonia, the inability to detect odors, can be caused by a lack of zinc. Low vitamins B12 and an, as well as copper, are also associated with changes in sense of smell (and taste).
- Protect yourself from Hearing Loss: Several studies have shown a correlation between hearing loss and vitamin B deficiency. In a recent study found that people with homocysteine had a higher proportion of 64 percent of hearing loss and the best way to reduce homocysteine levels, is with the B complex vitamins.
- Improve your Skin: Research has shown that beta-carotene and vitamins C and E are important for maintaining healthy, younger skin.
- Prevent Asthma and Allergies: People with asthma and allergies often have decreased levels of vitamin C, zinc, selenium and magnesium.
- Stress Management: With improved mood, research has shown that a daily multivitamin – especially one with therapeutic doses of B vitamins – can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Improves Weight Loss: A randomized, double-blind study in overweight women showed that those who took a multivitamin and mineral supplement a day lost on average 7.9 pounds versus 2 pounds for those taking calcium and half a pound in the placebo group.
- Improves Sexual Function: Organs and glands that respond to sex hormones are particularly susceptible to damage from free radicals. Therefore, providing a daily multivitamin rich in antioxidants can ensure maximum performance and performance.
- Avoid Dry Eyes: Most people know that vitamins, especially antioxidants, are important for maintaining eyesight. But when you are 65, it is a lifetime of damage from free radicals has taken its toll, and our eyes produce (on average) 40% less lubrication. Because of this, increasing these crucial nutrients can help correct or prevent the development of the problem at all.
- Reduces the Hot Famine of Alcohol: Research suggests that people with alcohol problems often get better control over their alcohol consumption by ensuring that they have sufficient levels of B vitamins, calcium and magnesium.
- Stop the Erosion of Telomeres: The chromosomes are strongly wound, protein-rod structures and a DNA molecule in the form of a double helix encoded with its genome: the planes of growth, development and physiological function. And at the top of each chromosome are protective “capsules”, called telomeres, which naturally shorten as we get older. Research has shown that taking a daily multivitamin can help be stronger women and even reverse this erosion.
- Improve the Mood: Many studies have shown that a daily multivitamin has positive effects on mood and emotional well-being.
- Prevent Falls: Many studies have shown that a multivitamin and mineral supplement per day, particularly one with therapeutic doses of vitamin D (at least 1000 IU) and calcium (1000 mg) to improve balance and reduce the risk of falling.
- Prevent Dental Problems: Vitamin C plays a key role in preventing gum disease because it helps maintain the integrity of the structures that support the oral tissue. It has also been shown that other antioxidants, such as vitamins A and E and selenium, improve gum health. Perhaps more important is zinc. This mineral stabilizes cell membranes and inhibits plaque growth. Deficits in zinc and vitamin A are also common in patients with periodontal disease.
- Prevent Complications of Diabetes: As mentioned above, diabetes is a nutritional disorder that greatly increases the risk of other problems (or complications), particularly to the eyes, nerves, blood vessels, kidneys, and limbs. The best way to prevent these complications is to take a potent multivitamin and mineral daily.
- Appropriate Nutritional Deficiencies Caused by Prescription Drugs and Surgery and Health Conditions such as Diabetes not being Used: With aging, there are several other factors that you can do more sensitive to nutritional deficiencies, including this common culprit.
- Keep the Muscle Strength Vertically: Can contain a lot of the problems with muscle aging are associated with free radical damage and daily multivitamin help rich in antioxidants, free radicals under control. It has also been shown that vitamin D improves the muscle strength of the elderly.